Hosted Virtual PBX - Everything You Need To Know
A hosted virtual PBX is a Private Branch Exchange (or PBX for short) that’s provided by a “hosted” service. This means that a provider outside your company “hosts” and takes care of your communication servers. The provider houses the hardware and runs the physical servers used by your phone network. When you use a virtual PBX, you don’t need to buy or accommodate any of the servers you use.
What Is A Virtual PBX?
A PBX is a private telephone network. This network allows you and your team to communicate with people inside and outside your organization using channels like VoIP. Typical PBX systems are also called “on-premise” PBX because you have to house some of the hardware needed to make the system work inside your office building.
A virtual PBX works just like an on-premise PBX, but its installation is totally different. The PBX is hosted in the cloud, so you don’t need to install any hardware in your office building. The PBX provider owns the servers and rents them out as a service.
The hosted PBX allows you and your team to make or receive calls over the Internet. When you make a call on a virtual PBX, your data travels through your IP network and bounces to the cloud where it’s shuffled onto your provider’s servers. The call is then sent back into the cloud and delivered to the receiver.
The entire process might seem complicated, but it happens almost instantly. Your calls have a high sound quality and all your data is secure.
The Advantages Of A Virtual/Cloud PBX
- Lower Costs - One of the main reasons a lot of businesses switch to a hosted PBX is because this phone system cancels out many of the costs associated with an on-site PBX.
Since your provider houses the virtual PBX, you won’t have to worry about the installation and maintenance costs. These costs are included in your PBX package. But the good thing about not having to worry about maintenance is that you won’t have to hire IT or communication specialists to keep your PBX up and running. In addition, the software and firmware updates are managed externally, so your connection will never be interrupted to bring the system up to date.
- Modern Features - A hosted PBX comes with modern features that can help your team and strengthen your corporate image. When you switch to a cloud PBX, you get features like call routing, auto attendants, conference calls, call queuing and recording, voicemails, greetings, and more.
Hosted PBX systems are also compatible with third-party applications, so you can tailor your system’s features to fit your business’ needs.
- Unlimited Mobility - You and your team will be able to connect to the PBX system from wherever you are. You can work from the office or from home. You can jump into a conference while driving your kids to school. As long as you have an Internet connection, you can work and contact your clients, no matter where you are.
- Superior Adaptability - When you use a hosted PBX, you can adapt your communication system to suit your needs. For example, if your business has a seasonal call increase, you can add lines and extensions through the cloud PBX’s control panel to accommodate more employees. And you can easily remove the extra lines when the busy system is over.
- Easy To Use - Virtual PBX systems are very easy to use. Your provider takes care of their updates and maintenance, so you don’t have to worry about that. The systems come with user-friendly control panels, so you don’t need to be tech-savvy or to hire technicians to change and adjust your system. You can do most of the changes with a few simple clicks.
Virtual PBX Solutions
Virtual PBX systems can be the right communication solutions for small, medium, and large businesses. A hosted PBX saves you money on hardware and infrastructure costs, and it also minimizes the costs of IT administration and maintenance. This system reduces the operational costs with remote workers and saves you money on long-distance calls.
When you switch to a virtual PBX, you get to manage all your communication tools at once. You integrate voice with all your other communication channels and make calling and collaboration possible on any device.
A virtual PBX system supports an unlimited number of users, so it’s a great solution for businesses that want to scale in the future.
Virtual PBX For Small Businesses
Virtual PBX systems are perfect for small businesses because they don’t have high upfront costs. You don’t have to invest in hardware, you have no maintenance costs, and you don’t have to hire IT or communication specialists to keep your PBX up to date and running.
In addition, a virtual PBX can save you 50 - 70 percent off your monthly communication bill because the costs of using a hosted PBX are way cheaper than using an on-site one.
With a virtual PBX, you and your team can keep in touch with your clients at all times, whether you work from the office or from home. You can connect to your PBX from anywhere, using any device, as long as you have a stable Internet connection.
And virtual PBX systems are easy to scale. When you’re ready to grow your business and hire more people, you can simply add more lines to your PBX using its user-friendly control panel. You don’t have to hire technicians to add more lines and extensions and assign them to new users. You can do all of that yourself in under 5 minutes.
Virtual PBX Services
Epik Networks provides fully managed virtual PBX services. Our services are powered by industry-leading Cisco WebEx technology, and they have low upfront costs and simplified deployment and management.
With Epik’s hosted PBX, you won’t have to hire an IT team to manage your communications. You’ll be able to manage them yourself. Our systems come with easy-to-use control panels that are simple to navigate. You can scale up and down with ease, customize the system for your users, and more.