As the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak continues to develop, I am reaching out to share how Epik Networks is responding to support our customers.
Epik Networks is actively monitoring the situation and its impact across the company as part of our Business Continuity Plan (BCP). We regularly test our ability to execute BCP strategy and have been prepared for situations such as this for several years. The plan reflects our approach to ensuring that the highest level of service remains available to you, our clients 24/7 and that the appropriate measures are taken to protect our employees and their families.
We want to be transparent about what we’re doing as a company to protect our customers and employees:
- After strongly encouraging it last week, Working from Home is now mandatory for all Epik Networks employees due to the COVID-19 concerns. The concept of working from home isn’t new for Epik Networks employees, as the company has been provisioning and enabling remote work throughout the years. Indeed, many of our staff already work from multiple locations as part of their typical working pattern, and we are continuing to implement tools and solutions that further assist this style of working.
- As always, strict security measures are in place for the employees working remotely. This includes, but is not limited to, the following: the use of VPN, two-factor authentication, encrypted communication, firewalls, continuous data backups, etc.
- Employees are instructed and coordinated to work in shifts in order to cover 24/7 customer support.
- All the required measures to back up services across Toronto and Vancouver data centers and maintain the performance of the Epik Networks services have been performed.
- A limited number of employees with the corresponding permits enter Epik Networks datacenters and POP locations facilities across Canada for strict necessity purposes only.
- There is a stringent “no visitors” policy in place for the period of the outbreak at all Epik Networks locations.
- Rigorous sanitation and hygiene practices are performed at all times.
The safety and health of our employees, our customers, and their businesses are of the utmost importance to Epik Networks. We are confident that our Business Continuity Plan will enable us to guarantee employee safety and maintain the highest level of service quality for clients.
CEO, Epik Networks
HAVE ANY CONCERNS?
If you have any questions, please contact our support team by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (866) 353-9333.